SIERRA FAMILY REUNION 2014 Details
Alert !!! Due to unpredictable weather we are allowed to go swimming 12:00pm to 8:00pm if it rains we can use the pavilion to continue our outing.
Wednesday, August 6th / 3:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Willow Springs Swim Club – 3010 Archer Drive, East Moline IL 61244
- Please bring a dish/dessert to pass and your own drinks
- Price: Children 15 & Under Free / $4.00 Adults/Non-Members / Free if not swimming
- Contact Ramona Trout if you have any questions. (309) 798-9428
Winners to participate in the adult and children games at Thursday night Bandit game are:
Adults: Anna Christina Sierra and Miguel Angel Sierra
Children: Abigail Eliese Glackin and Joshua Ray Trout
Please check in at the concierge booth immediately when you arrive at the ball diamond
Contact Carol Curtis if you have any question. (563-499-8789)
Centennial Bridge is closed
2014 Saturday Night Reunion food donations
Louis T. family will bring refried beans.
John T. family will bring hot sauce.
Emanuel T. the lettuce
Amador T. will bring cheese and lettuce
We welcome anyone to bring in more refried beans, lettuce, hot sauce, cheese and side dishes.
The tostadas shells are already purchase with family funds.
PLEASE FORWARD TO YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS
Tasks for Sierra Reunion 2014
1. Family Swim- L.T. Sierra-Ramona Trout 309-798-9428
2. River Bandits Game L.T. Sierra-Carol Curtis (563) 499-8789
A.T. Sierra- Peter Sierra 752-0138 3
3. Plates, plastic utensils for Fri. A.T.Sierra-Peter Sierra (Treasurer)
napkins & Sat. night.
4. Friday Night Hot Dogs and Brats L.T. Sierra-Carol and John Curtis
5. Friday grill L.T. Sierra-Carol Curtis/Raylando Campos
6. Children’s Pee Wee Golf Tournament A.T. Sierra-Peter Sierra
7. Children’s GOLF score sheets L.T. Sierra-Mark Reyes
8. Saturday Morning Breakfast site E.T. Sierra-Gilbert Sierra SR
9. Markers at Cemetery L.T. Sierra- Ramona Reyes
10. Flowers for Cemetery L.T. Sierra-Carol Curtis
11. Saturday Night emcee ?
12. Saturday Night microphone and music E.T. Sierra-Alex Sierra
13. Sunday emcee ?
14. Sunday microphone & music E.T. Sierra-Alex Sierra
15. Set-up, clean up A.T. Sierra-Peter Sierra 752-0138
volleyball nets Tim & David Hay
16. Golf, Horseshoe, L. T. Sierra- M. Reyes/J. Reyes/J. Reyes
volleyball brackets B. Myers
Children sand bag toss
17. Piñata’s Savino Sierra-Angela Sierra
18. Kids games ?
19. Raffles, 50/50 at Sat. night E.T. Sierra-Stephanie Ann H. Dowell
20. Hot Sauce Contest Sat. Night ?
21. Tents, Port-a-pots E.T. Sierra-Gilbert Sierra SR
22. Sun.lunch set-up L.T. Sierra-Jean Saucedo
Juana T Sierra-Pat & Eydie Glackin
Miguela S. Molina-Mikki Segura
23. Sun. Volleyball PLEASE each families 3 judge’s net/2 line
24. Sun. breakfast set-up & L. T. Sierra-Jean Saucedo/
clean-up Teresa Cervantes
25. Toni’s Corner J.T. Sierra-Caroline Sierra /CA.T.Sierra-Merci Gomez
26. Sat. night kitchen aide CA.T. Sierra
27. Park Reserve, mins, Miguela Sierra Molina/A. Molina 755-8848
Golf Cart ,booklets Miguela David
28. Pick up trailer and golf cart A.T. Sierra- Frank Sierra
29. Sunday clean-up EVERYONE
2013 WINNERS LOUIS T. SIERRA “A” A Few Volleyball No-No’s Variations
Note the BOLD words
You can play on hardwood, grass, sand or asphalt. You can use rally or side-out scoring. You can play one game or the best of three or best of five sets. You can play to 15, 25, 30 or whatever number of points you so desire. Play Play begins with one team serving the ball to the other. Each time the ball crosses over the net, a team gets three contacts before they must send the ball back to the opponent’s side. Ideally, the three contacts will be a pass, set and hit, but it can be three passes or any other combination of contacts as long as they are legal contacts. The rally (or volley) continues until the ball hits the ground or one of the rules is broken.
A Few Volleyball No-No’s You cannot:
- Touch the net while making a play on the ball
- Step on the back line while serving (foot fault)
- Contact the ball more than three times on a side (A block doesn’t count as a contact)
- Lift or push the ball
- Play the ball over the net outside of the antennas
- Contact the ball twice in a row (unless the first contact was a block.)
Winning the Match The first team to score the agreed upon number of points wins the game. You must win by at least two points. The teams switch sides, the next game starts with a score of 0-0 and play starts again. In a best-of-five match, the team who wins three sets wins the match.
PLEASE NEED 3 JUDGES FROM EACH FAMILY (1) NET (2) LINE PLEASELET THE GAMES BEGIN & LETS HAVE FUN
PLEASE FORWARD TO YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS PLEASE